Site Designed by: Myers Computer Services HISTORY

From 1889 to Present

In 1889, six men; Ed Bryant, Jack Williams, Bob Conner, Thomas F. Lewis, Bob Davis and Simon Faulk discussed creating a place of worship in the community. Lack of resources prevented them from raising a building, so they erected a bush shelter sanctuary equipped with a pot-belly stove and benches anchored with tree trunk blocks. These six men became the first deacons of what is now known as Bethlehem. The modest congregation of 17 was pastured by Rev. Nick Floyd.

In 1893, Rev. Edward O. Butler succeeded Rev. Floyd as Pastor. Under his leadership the church role increased by five members and seating capacity was increased. Then in 1898, Rev. William Lewis became Pastor. The church began conducting worship services in a log school building erected in 1900. The following